Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Vowel Teams to the Rescue!


   So....I apologize in advance for referring to my favorite video again "When Two Vowels Go Walking..." but we are still doing vowel teams, and this week I decided to do some word sorting with my kiddos.   I've always loved doing word sorts with my kids, because I feel like they really allow the kids to study words and word parts, and it kind of forces them to pay close attention to the different sounds, blends, digraphs, etc. that are present in different words.  I've always seen a ton of word sorts out there for digraphs and short vowels, etc, but not as much for vowel digraphs and those specific vowel spellings our little firsties have to know.  You know the ones I'm talking about... ou, ow, oi, oy, au, aw, ai, ay....blah blah :)  You get the picture.  But I never could find any that I really like that much online, so I decide to make my own.  Now I never have to spend another moment searching for a good word sort again....so refreshing!  Kind of like sweet tea... :)  Follow this link to TPT, and you can download them (the link on the left is a freebie...the picture link on the right takes you to the full set of 10 sorts).

                     Click the text below:

      Vowel Digraph Oi & Oy Word Sort


         Hope you all enjoy!!   - Beth

0 comments:

Post a Comment